Friday, October 2, 2009

reality (written 04/09)


letters, words, verbs, nouns
if I put them together, will I ever have something to say
to you, to me, to the world
verbally lacking in the skill of expression
give me a pen and I will show you the depths of my soul
socially retarded and disinterested in the mundane
give me keys and I will type til my fingers bleed
the holes of my heart fill with big bold face font
I close my eyes, to heed the clicking of keys
imagine ink filling the emptiness, spilling out and over my insides
afraid, lost, alone
these are not felt in between the spaces of consonants and vowels
hiding in the sentences,
blanketing myself with phrases never said aloud
staying warm in the comfort of knowing love
in the arms of every line
curled up in every missed declaration
sleeping soundly in every silent utterance of truth
only to wake to the reality of ...
reality

No comments:

Post a Comment