Friday, October 2, 2009

Desire (written 09/09)

I barely remember what life was like
before I was consumed by her,
back when blood did not flow.
It was as frozen as I was cold;
now my temperature constantly runs hot.
I’m always in motion, staying a step ahead
of the smoke of her hair.
She shrieks as it follows me,
ready to suffocate me
in a moment of weakness.
Like a shameless siren,
her seductive lullaby reverberates
again and again,
swallowing any rhyme or reason left in my mind.
Unable to peer directly into her eyes,
I am forced to look away.
The amber swirls know no boundary,
mesmerizing even the most stubborn of souls.
Like embers that never fade,
the depth of her gaze crackles on and on.
She knows my name now;
as I also know hers.
So aware and yet so afraid
of how I yearn for her to hold me in her arms
and whisper beautiful lies in my ear,
as she gently kisses my eyelids
to make me believe that I am safe,
sweet nothings to assure me
that she is mine forever.
I am nothing now,
a shadowy image of myself.
Desire holds on to me tight,
too selfish to let me go,
too strong to break free from.
Desire owns me.
I am her slave.

No comments:

Post a Comment