Sunday, October 25, 2009

Fool

I am a fool.
Perhaps I always will be.

I cannot help but be consumed
by the fire that burns within me.

The idea of a real connection with another
makes me turn myself inside-out and upside-down.

It is the potential fleeting moment
of someone really seeing me
that keeps me on the edge of my seat,
unable to sit still.

Sometime, somewhere along the line
this person is going to see
past all of my bullshit and acknowledge
that I have to constantly tip-toe on the verge just to feel alive.

He will not see this as a fault,
but will instead have enough strength to pull me back down.

On the ground,
I cannot be but who I am;
I will not even hide.

It is not that I need to be saved,
nor do you.

We just need to meet each other halfway
in complete preposterous abandon.



No comments:

Post a Comment