Saturday, October 8, 2011

snake


 my skin is dry and peeling
perhaps I am shedding like a snake
to turn into something
or someone else
yet maybe I am just casting off
my previous idiosyncrasies
I do not pretend to be beautiful,
or particularly interesting,
or intriguing
I know that I am strange,
most likely lacking in common sense,
with an abundance of knowledge from books,
but not from actually living
the smallest gestures often make my day,
the things that others do not take the time to notice
beauty is in the most obscure places, if we could just unplug
long enough to actually look around
I am often told that I remind someone of someone else
either I have multiple doppelgangers
or my face is simple and not quite
enough to remember or entirely forget
I am a snake
what you see today might
look entirely different tomorrow
unless you think you have the
nerve to get under my skin
as I hiss and shake my little tail


No comments:

Post a Comment