Friday, October 28, 2011

literary soliloquy

it used to be my favorite place on Earth,

until recently.

I could spend hours

running my fingers across

the spines of the works

of Blake, Dickinson, Keats, Whitman.



sitting Indian style with the

words of Atwood in my lap

"I would like to be the air

that inhabits you for a moment

only. I would like to be that unnoticed

& that necessary."



laying in the fetal position

nestled with Neruda's very soul

put on paper held in my fingertips

"I love you as certain dark things

are to be loved, in secret,

between, the shadow and the soul."



Plath and I were blood sisters.

Kerouac and I, lovers in a former life.



yet, now it just brings me great sorrow,

so I stand at the edge remembering;

goodbye poetry section of Barnes and Noble.



I cannot bring myself to take a single step,

closer to the past and what might have been.

instead, I drink the ink from this pen,

as I watch the magic of this sacred place dwindle

and I download everything I need to my Kindle.

No comments:

Post a Comment