Saturday, February 6, 2010

~pisces~


constantly in chaos

I swim in opposite directions

part of me cannot help but

fight the strong current

staying just below

afraid of what I'll find at the surface

shallow waters are no longer

enough to sustain me

so I dive down deep

taking giant breaths

my tail slashes at my sides

I know not how to slow down

so I yearn for the bottom

desperately seeking a means to an end

others glide by me but I move too quickly

passing by them briskly

without a real chance of acknowledgement

yet another part of me

longs to brush my scales against yours

intertwining our tails in unison

sharing the air that fills your lungs

as we dart madly for the top

so the moon can glisten on our skin

like flawless diamonds

before the fear sets in

before I frantically submerse

before you can really see me

in the impending rise of the sun

for in the imposing light

all of my flaws are revealed

so quick to plunge back into the depths

and start the endless cycle

all over again


No comments:

Post a Comment